Alright, alright, alright, it’s October 1st and you know what that means. It’s officially pumpkin season. Now, I know Starbucks and most various other places launched their pumpkin seasonal lovelies back at the end of August but in my own personal opinion, October is really when it should be debuted.
Pumpkin is crazy versatile and super nutritious (tons of antioxidants.) Fresh is always best, canned will do in a pinch but you have to be aware of those nasty BPAs that can be lurking in cans. I usually get a good-sized pumpkin, roast it, and then can or freeze it for when I need it. Seeing as there are million things you can make with pumpkin you’ll probably go through it pretty fast.
With that being said, here are my top 10 Favorite Ways to Use Pumpkin
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte- Starbucks may taste nice, but ditch the nasty additives and make the real thing at home.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds- A delightful snack if you’re on the go. Also a great topper for salads and soups
- Pumpkin Soup- Super yum. Pumpkin soup is creamy and it can be sweet or savory.
- Pumpkin Ravioli- I have yet to make these, but they are on my bucket list for fall this year. Pumpkin filled little noodle delights? Where can you go wrong.
- Pumpkin cookies– If you remember last year’s pumpkin cookies…
- Pumpkin smoothie- Just a little frozen puree, almond milk, and spices and you have liquid pumpkin pie for breakfast.
- Pumpkin pie- Der. Can’t have fall without at least one helping of pumpkin pie.
- Pumpkin pie oatmeal- You can have pie for breakfast! Didn’t you know? Add some puree and pumpkin pie spices to oatmeal for a hearty breakfast.
- Pumpkin pasta sauce- Making any squash into a pasta sauce is super delicious and makes me want to cuddle up under a fluffy blanky and watch the leaves fall.
- Roasted pumpkin- Roasting is great for almost any vegetable. Roasting really concentrates the flavors and the nice caramelizing on the outside is enough to make my mouth water.
Ok, I think covered everything. Pumpkins are great because they are nutritionally dense on top of tasting amazing no matter what you do with them. Celebrate fall with some pumpkin!
What are you favorite pumpkin treats?