Hey there Snuggles Friends, Welcome to Baking in the House of Snuggles. Today we are going to bake Peanut Butter Blondies. Easy, quick, and simple these tasty treats are ready in no time. This recipe is adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero’s Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. If you haven’t picked up this cookbook yet, I suggest you do. It will make a valuable asset to your baking arsenal and there are many awesome recipes to choose from.
I choose Peanut Butter Blondies because I was baking from staples and I happen to have all of the ingredients. I know, it’s a boring reason but it’s the reason all the same. The salty and sweet of these treats are enough to satisfy both cravings, so ladies, these are excellent for PMS (In fact, I think adding a drizzling of dark chocolate on top would really fix everything that’s wrong in the world.) Dudes, you’ll enjoy these too! (My husband did, in fact he ate most of them.) So they are a win-win for everyone.
So let’s get to it.
3/4 C of peanut butter
1/3C of canola oil
1C brown sugar
1/4C of non-dairy milk of your choice (as always I use almond)
2t vanilla extract
1/2t baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Mix peanut butter, oil, and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl whisk together your dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking powder)
- While mixing, slowly add dry ingredients to wet until well combined. The dough will be pretty thick so don’t be afraid to get your hands in there to get the mixing done.
- Pour the dough into the baking pan and spread evenly. Pour the peanuts on top and gently press down to make sure they stick.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes
- Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack and let cool completely before you cut them.
Enjoy with milk, coffee or tea! Makes about 9 blondes depending on how you cut them. Also you can try variations with different nuts, like maybe almond, cashews, or (gasp) hazelnut. Mmmmmmmmm now I’m lost in visions of my fantasy bakery…
Really want to get your baking game on? Check out these: